“To eat is a necessity but to eat intelligently is an art”.
~Francois La Rochefoucauld
The same goes to what one drink. One can eat or drink intelligently by having healthier food choices: fruits, vegetables, low-fat or fat-free dairy and protein.
When it comes to most vegetables, at times it is tastier and easier to drink our vegetables instead of eating them, as most greens have a bitter taste making it hard for us to swallow; therefore, we may end up consuming far less vegetables and more unhealthy food.
Hence, the invention of smoothies.
Healthy smoothies for weight loss are made of purely fruits or vegetables or a mixture of both with added protein and spices. So, how to make smoothies to lose weight? Well, when making smoothies for weight loss it is best to consider the following tips:
- Make Low Calorie Smoothies. Some smoothies are filled with a lot of calories because of the portion or the amount of ingredients that is used to make them. When trying to lose weight by drinking smoothies, healthy smoothies for weight loss should be low in calories but also filling. Filling weight loss smoothies should typically be 200 calories or less. One can measure ingredients before making smoothies to control portions and calories.
- Use as a Meal Replacement. Many times we use smoothies as an in between meal snack but smoothies are like small meals. Adding smoothies to daily meal intake may cause weight gain. Hence, for smoothies to make you lose weight fast, just use smoothies as a meal replacement. One does not have to replace all meals with smoothies.
- Use Less Fruit. By using less fruit in smoothies equals to less sugar. Although fruits have natural sugar, which is good for you but fruits have high amount of sugar and by using too much fruits can lead to weight gain; which is not what we are going for but smoothies for weight loss. One can use a good balance of fruits and vegetables when making the best smoothies for weight loss.
- Use Fiber Rich Food. Fiber rich food is important for weight loss as it keeps us feeling fuller for longer and promotes bowel movement which helps to eliminate harmful toxins. One can lose weight by drinking smoothies packed with fiber rich foods.
- Add Protein. Protein is a nice way to add some flavor to smoothies, especially if we are making vegetable smoothies. By adding no/low calories flavor to weight loss smoothies can get rid of the bland taste and we can find it easier to lose weight. One should be very careful with the portion of protein added, less is better.
Based on the above tips it would be very important to know the things to add to smoothies for weight loss and to create filling weight loss smoothies. The foods listed below are great for making fat burning smoothies recipes and low calorie smoothie recipes for weight loss, do try and stick to organic foods when shopping.
Carrot, cucumber, celery, spinach, beet, kale, broccoli, Brussel sprout, tomato and lettuce.
Orange, grapefruit, pineapple, watermelon, apple, banana, pear and berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, grape, cherry etc.).
Almond milk, chia seed, fat-free milk and fat-free yogurt.
Smoothies are great for you and makes a perfect breakfast or lunch. Using smoothies for weight loss is an excellent choice as smoothies are a good source of nutrients and make one feel full for longer. Although, one can lose weight by drinking smoothies, one should be careful with the portion and ingredients that is used or else it could hamper one’s weight loss journey.